A new System X® coating will take about 2-3 days to cure to its full strength. During that time, some precautions should be taken.
Curing time is 2-3 days depending on environmental conditions such as humidity and temperature. Take special care during this time period. The coating will help prevent your clear coat from getting water spots as it is hydrophobic, however, it can still get hard water spots. Be especially diligent during the curing process to prevent water spots, which may be costly to remove.
During the curing process avoid:
- Parking under trees especially if there are shedding. You don’t want tree sap on a fresh coating.
- Allowing bird droppings, sap or pollen to sit on the car and bake in the sun.
- Washing or abrading the paint.
If you notice that your car gets water spots, bird droppings, bugs, tree sap, or other contaminants during the first few days, immediately remove it following our care instructions. Keep in mind the coating is still curing. Be gentle when working on the paint.
Car Washing Techniques
- Wash on a bi-weekly basis to avoid excessive contamination build up.
- Avoid washing in direct sunlight to minimize streaking and water spotting.
- Wash from the top down leaving the dirtiest sections for last to avoid cross contamination.
- Use the “two bucket” method – one bucket for rinsing your sponge/mitt and one for soapy water.
- Use separate soap and sponge/mitt for wheels.
- Always dry completely and never leave to air-dry. Tap water contains minerals that may leave deposits creating water spots.
- Use quality microfiber towels for best results and avoid aggressive wiping, allowing the material to absorb the water.
Waterspot and dropping Removal
- Never use aggressive products to polish the coating or remove surface contamination.
- Never use excessive force to remove water spots.
- Bird droppings, tar, sap, etc. should be removed as soon as possible to avoid temporary staining or hardening on the coating. Any staining left behind from the bird droppings will break down over a few days without affecting the coating.
System X® Interior Maintenance
- For best results, clean all leather/vinyl surfaces bi-weekly.
- Vacuum carpets regularly.
- Immediately wipe off spills on leather, vinyl, or fabric.
- Immediately absorb and clean stains on carpet.