Congratulations! Your car is now protected with the global leader in nanoceramic surface protection. Ceramic Pro/Kavaca is designed to protect your factory clear coat, provide a protective shield against the elements and to keep your vehicle looking new at all times.
To maximize the effects of Ceramic Pro/Kavaca and to ensure your investment is long lasting, we will discuss a few basic maintenance steps on how to care for your new Coating/PPF.
With simple care, your Ceramic Pro Coating/Paint Protection Film will reward you for years to come!
METHODS OF WASHING
- Standard Home Washing:
Use a foam gun (optimal) or microfiber wash mitt to soap down the car. Rinse it off with a pressure washer (optimal) or hose. Dry with clean microfiber towels.
- Spray ‘N Wash Self Car Washes:
Select the high pressure soap. Soap the car down (never use the provided brushes especially on the paint!). Rinse car off with the high pressure rinse. Dry with clean microfiber towels.
- Car Washes:
Touch-less car washes only. Never use a car wash with brushes! Never select the “spray wax” option.
THE CURING PROCESS
Curing time is 2-3 weeks depending on environmental conditions such as humidity and temperature. During this time, the following should be avoided:
- Sprinklers: The coating will protect your clear coat from water spots. The
coating is less likely to etch than your factory clear, but it can get spots
during the curing process and can be costly to remove.
- Parking under a shedding tree.
- Allowing bird droppings, sap or pollen to sit on the car and bake in the sun.
- Washing or abrading the paint
If you notice that your car gets water spots, bird droppings, tree sap etc. during the first two weeks, immediately remove it following our care instructions. Keep in mind the coating is soft; be gentle when working on the paint.
WASHING YOUR CAR AT HOME
Ceramic Pro is extremely slick, this means most things will dissolve and be pulled off by Ceramic Pro’s self-cleaning effect. Minimizing rubbing, (especially with a dry towel) on the coating will ensure its longevity. Dry bird droppings, bugs and tree sap can be dissolved using alcohol type solvents and wiped off with a damp microfiber towel.
- For best results the car should be washed on a bi-weekly basis to avoid
excessive contamination build-up. Use only recommended mild soaps.
- Avoid high volume brush style car washes, and high PH detergent style
- Avoid washing in direct sunlight to minimize streaking and water spotting.
- Wash from the top down leaving the dirtiest sections for last to avoid cross
- Use separate soap and sponge/mitt/towel for wheels to prevent cross
- Always dry completely and never leave to “air” dry. Tap water contains
minerals that may leave deposits creating water spots. These can be
removed with a 50/50 vinegar solution.
- Only use quality microfiber towels for best results and avoid aggressive
wiping, allowing the material to absorb the water.
1. Never use aggressive products to polish the coating or remove surface
2. Never use excessive force to remove spots.
3. Bird droppings, tar, sap, etc. should be removed as soon as possible to avoid
temporary staining or hardening on the coating. Any staining left behind from
bird droppings will break down over a few days without affecting the coating.
Do not wax the coating. It is unnecessary and the wax will not bond to the coating. Ceramic Pro Care is the recommended maintenance product. Ask you local installer about getting Ceramic Pro Care or purchase through our webshop: ceramicpro.com
Always go to a touch free wash! Using an automated car wash with brushes will
void the warranty and dull the coating. Ceramic Pro 9H takes up to 2-3 weeks to
achieve full hardness. Please handle with care and do not wash the vehicle for the first 2 weeks.
LEATHER AND FABRIC MAINTENANCE PROGRAM
1. For best results, all leather/vinyl surfaces should be cleaned bi-weekly with
a leather protectant to avoid contaminant build-up and replenish the natural oils.
2. Vacuum carpets regularly and use carpet & fabric cleaners when necessary.
3. Immediately wipe off spills on leather, vinyl, or fabric.
Annual Inspections are the recommended process for ensuring the coating is
maintained and care for the vehicle is properly executed. Annual inspections
should be carried out by an approved applicator within 30 days before the
anniversary date of the last service to ensure peak performance.
Although durable and long lasting, annual inspections ensure maximum gloss
and protection from Ceramic Pro coating.